What is basic primary care?
Your primary care physician oversees your general health, including any chronic conditions, and provides preventive care. Specifically, your primary care physician will:
- Provide comprehensive first contact care for patients with any undiagnosed signs, symptoms, or health concerns
- Provide continuing care for established patients, which includes treating both chronic and acute illnesses or conditions
- Provide screenings and make recommendations to prevent disease
- Perform routine physicals and vaccinations
- Recognize early symptoms of serious diseases and conditions, as well as problems that require further medical intervention
Why is preventive care important?
The primary care physicians at Apollo Health use a variety of methods to help patients stay healthy, including routine health screenings and comprehensive annual physicals. These methods can detect health risks and problems early on, increasing the likelihood of prevention or successful early treatment.
Health education is another important component of preventive care. Learning how to make better food choices, incorporate more exercise in your life, get enough sleep, and deal with stress can give you the tools to make healthier choices.
What makes the care offered at Apollo Health exceptional?
an integrative medical practice, Apollo Health takes a “whole person”
approach to healthcare that puts the patient at the center and addresses
the full range of physical health, as well as all the aspects of life
that can influence health.
The practitioners at Apollo Health believe everyone deserves individual attention, so they create care plans that help them achieve their lifestyle and health goals. They do that for every patient, whether it involves managing a chronic illness, preventing one, or optimizing their current wellness and health. All services are based on the most current scientific evidence, but our practitioners also attend to the unique medical histories of each patient when general guidelines simply fall short.